Visit us on:

Getting Settled

Getting Settled in London and Middlesex County

Welcome to London and Middlesex County. This beautiful, diverse region of southwestern Ontario welcomes you. Once you arrive in London or Middlesex County there will be many decisions to make.

Fortunately, there are several organizations to help guide you through the process of getting settled in your new community in London. They want to assist you, so listen to their advice, so you’ll have a smoother transition to your new home, community and country.

The following links lead you to help with language, work, housing, community and education.

London Cross Cultural Learner Centre (staff speak over 30 languages)

South London Neighbourhood Resource Centre (staff speak other languages)

LUSO Community Services (staff speak other languages)

Collège Boréal: offers Immigrant settlement and entrepreneurial services (Bilingual/French), contact Manager of Settlement Services at 519-451-5194 extension 7108 or send an email to

Centre Communautaire Régional de London: provides community-based educational, recreational, social and cultural programs and activities in French. Also, have SWIS workers in schools.

City services for London

Newcomer Resources

This link will lead you to help getting settled in Middlesex County.

Middlesex County Social Services

On the following pages, you’ll find information about all facets of getting settled in London and Middlesex County: housing, education, learning English, health care, transportation and places of worship.

The Government of Ontario has provided a website that can help get you started:

Other links that will provide a lot of general information are: which offers an overview of services that you may need as you settle in.

Library Settlement Partnerships - 2 settlement workers are available at the Beacock and Jalna library branches

Settlement Workers in Schools (SWIS); local SWIS workers are Francophone Settlement Workers in Schools; TVDSB Settlement Workers in Schools; LDCSB Settlement Workers in Schools

Translation and Interpretation Services

Interpreters generally interpret oral communication between two parties who are not able to speak each other's language.  Translation services are used for translating documents. The following agencies provide both services for a fee: